Emily Kathleen

Finding Joy in Life Each Day

~ Life Is Beautiful ~

Saturday, May 15, 2010

So the day has dawned that I am suppose to display a scrumptious picture of a plate of waffles dripping with butter and real maple syrup ~ but I have yet to figure out how to place a picture on this nice soft mustard colored page ~ so instead I am just going to share the recipe with you ~ and if I can somehow during the day learn this little trick that everyone else knows ~ you will see my waffles.

Until then ~ enjoy! 

These are crispy, yet tender, and absolutely delicious.

Waffles

1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
2 eggs - separated
1/2 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup milk

Mix dry ingredients together well.
Beat egg whites until they form peaks.
Mix milk and egg yolks together and then add melted butter.
Blend flour mixture with milk mixture and then fold in egg whites.

Drop about 1/3 of a cup of batter on hot waffle iron and cook until
brown and crispy. Serve with butter and syrup, or fruit and whipped cream.
Or all of the above. Yum yum yum!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are doing a blog--can't wait to try the waffles.
    I love you!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! I loved your blog...simple and beautiful as are you! You always managed to journal, quilt, bake, and craft as well as care for a growing family. I know I will enjoy reading your posts and the waffles!

    Love Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I am so excited that you are posting recipes on here. I love everything you make! We love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete