Cherry Tarts
These two bite morsels are delectable . . .
Recipe:
~ Crust ~
mix together until crumbly:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup shortening
pinch of salt
2 Tbsp sugar
2 cups flour
blend together and add to above mixture:
1/3 cup milk
1 egg yolk
Place the dough between two layers of wax paper.
Roll out approximately 1/4" thick and cut into
circles with either a cookie cutter,
or the rim of a large drinking glass.
Place rounds on a cookie sheet.
I use Wilderness Cherry Pie Filling and add about
1 1/2 tsp of Pure Almond Extract to it.
You can use any kind of fruit filling you prefer.
Spoon a small amount of pie filling into center of round.
Fold in half and with a fork crimp edges to seal.
Cut small slit in top of tart.
Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 15 minutes,
or until golden brown and bubbling.
These are wonderful hot or cold.
I usually double the recipe.
I usually double the recipe.
No comments:
Post a Comment