Emily Kathleen

Finding Joy in Life Each Day

~ Life Is Beautiful ~

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pumpkin Bread Season
I love this recipe and make it all year -
but it is always best in the fall . . .
and since autumn is just around the corner -
I literally could feel it all around me in the air yesterday . . .
I decided it was time for this post.


Pumpkin Bread
1 cup butter - softened
3 1/2 cups sugar
6 eggs
1 large can Pumpkin

Mix together until well blended.



In separate bowl mix together well:

5 1/4 flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp nutmeg

Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture alternating with:

1 cup milk
1 Tbsp vanilla

Chocolate chips or nuts can also be added.
Mix until just blended and then spoon batter into greased bread pans.
Bake @ 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes -
or until cooked in the center. Cool on wire racks.
Makes 3 large loaves - or 4 regular sized.
Delicious warm with butter - or cool by itself!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment