Emily Kathleen

Finding Joy in Life Each Day

~ Life Is Beautiful ~

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fifteen More Months

Honestly - I love being a mother.
But honestly - after 24 years of dealing with the
public school system I am so done.
Tanner will graduate from high school in 15 months.
Yep - I am counting the months and
I will eventually be counting the weeks . . . and then the days.
Some are sad when their youngest child graduates. Sorry - not me.
I was sad when my youngest child got his own car
because it meant the end of nice chats while I drove him to lessons etc.
Then he crashed the old white Audi into a curb . . .
going 25 miles an hour in a very severe snow storm . . .
and evidently totaled it.
According to his older brother Troy the damage
had nothing to do with the road rally out on the salt flats months before 
when Troy had borrowed the same (at that time not) broken
car to compete in with a certain guy named Brady.
I then resumed the role of chauffeur 
or lender of my only vehicle to my youngest -
and consequentially good friend Tanner.
He will be getting another car this week -
much to his relief I am sad to say.
(okay - and a little of mine!)
So to honor the 15 more months until his Public School Graduation
(at which time I do not anticipate he will totally move out -
or if he does it will only be temporary as was the case with all my kids -
they always come back for a period of time)
I am going to post a picture of Tanner throughout the years once a week.
Those wonderful Cello playing days in 6th grade . . .
before Tanner acquired his spectacles.
He has since moved on to more modern strings such as
the bass guitar, and the electric guitar.
Gotta love this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment