This is a bit of a dilemma for me right now in my life.
I use to love quilting but right now my sewing machine and I . . .
well let's just say we haven't really been getting along lately.
I do have a bunch of beautiful fabrics I love.
It's the sewing machine I have a problem with.
I will always love and cherish my
It's the sewing machine I have a problem with.
I will always love and cherish my
flannels, cottons, silks, pinks, purples, yellows, blues, etc.
I love color. That is what I truly love.
Doesn't matter in what form that color comes in - I love it.
Doesn't matter in what form that color comes in - I love it.
Hence my love for painting.
Except I am not sure about portraits. Gotta work on that ability.
So for now I am going to box up my fabrics,
and wait for a time when painting is not the focus of my creativity.
Then I will pull those beautiful fabrics back out
and create something beautiful.
But maybe not a quilt. Maybe a tablecloth.
Maybe just pillows or a vest or a skirt.
Except I just remembered . . .
I promised my Laurels a quilt for their graduation
from WX High School in June.
That's five single sized quilts by June.
That's five single sized quilts by June.
Okay just a few more quilts and then I can retire for awhile.
And I know there are a few young adults out there that when
they get married I will make them their promised rag quilts.
And I know there are a few young adults out there that when
they get married I will make them their promised rag quilts.
But I am thinking I will always like painting better.
I wish so badly that I could paint!! But I will have to settle for "trying" to sew! You should post some more of your paintings!
ReplyDelete