Emily Kathleen

Finding Joy in Life Each Day

~ Life Is Beautiful ~

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Finally! Peach Chutney Season!
Many years ago my friend Carole and I talked about making 
Peach Chutney in the fall. Well it took me twenty something
years before I actually made it - but it is now a tradition.
Chutney is surprisingly a mystery to some people.
It is perfect as a glaze and a condiment with meats and fish.
It is also wonderful with cream cheese and crackers.
It actually is wonderful when you just eat it with a spoon.
yum yum yum yum yum yum
So here are the pictures and the recipe.
 Peach Chutney

4 cups peeled diced ripe peaches
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup rainsins
1/2 cup craisins
1/3 cup diced sweet onion
1 jar McCormick crystallized ginger
1 Tbsp sea salt
1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp ground ginger
7 1/2 cups sugar
1 pouch liquid fruit pectin

Put the peaches in a large kettle and add all other ingredients except the pectin. 
Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat and stir constantly for one minute. 
Remove from heat and immediately stir in the pectin. 
Continue stirring for 5 minutes allowing it to cool slightly. 
Pour into sterilized jars and seal with paraffin wax.
Store in a cool, dark, dry place.
Makes about a dozen 8 oz jars of Chutney.
I usually double this recipe so that I can give some away.
Erin Lee . . . you have a late birthday and housewarming gift coming your way!!!

2 comments:

  1. yum!!!!!! i will have to try this next time i can! we just did peaches & jam a few weeks ago! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any recipe of Kathy's I know is a keeper! This looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete