I know I was suppose to post my recipe for Spaghetti . . . and maybe I still will this week - but I decided instead to share a recipe for Granola that I made last night and it turned out really well. It is my new favorite cereal - in milk - on top of yogurt - on ice cream - it is even good with a tablespoon of honey dipped into it! It would be great on fruit,
warm or cold. It is just good stuff!
Homemade Granola
4 cups of rolled oats
1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
1/2 cup brown sugar - packed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup raisin
1 cup craisins
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a bowl mix the oats, almonds, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In saucepan warm the oil and honey and blend together, whisking in the vanilla. Pour honey mixture on top of oat mixture and gently blend. I stirred for a minute, and then just used my hands to thoroughly mix. Spread granola onto a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until almonds and oats are golden. Remove from oven and cool. Add raisins and craisins. Store in an air tight container or freezer bag. If you will not use within the week, store in freezer.
No comments:
Post a Comment