Emily Kathleen

Finding Joy in Life Each Day

~ Life Is Beautiful ~

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mary Louise Richardson Walker

I had a dream about my Aunt Mary Lou last night.
I dreamed that I went to
Grandmother/Mary Lou's house and it was spotless -
no sign of anyone living there. 
All the furniture was there,
but there were no personal belongings. 
I walked into Mary Lou's room
and looked at the beautiful old fireplace.
(It used to be my Great-Grandmother's home -
five generations have been raised in that house.)
I then turned to Mary Lou and asked her 
why the house was so bare and where everything had gone. 
Then I looked at her again and said, "You're ready to go aren't you?" 
And she smiled at me and said "yes" and then the dream shifted. 
I didn't really think anything of it until this afternoon
when I received a text at 4:37 pm
telling me that my dear Aunt Mary Lou
died today from a brain aneurysm.
She is one of the women I have admired most in my life.
She is a strong, beautiful, smart, funny, independent lady.
This is a picture of her in her early thirties.
My Uncle Elliot was diagnosed with Polio when
Mary Lou was expecting their second child.
Elliot spent the rest of his life in a wheelchair
teaching everyone around him the
significant and eternal aspects of life.
Mary Lou went back to school and got her degree
in teaching, and then a Doctorate in Education Administration.
She was a Counselor, a Vice Principal, and then a Principal
at a variety of schools in the Granite School District.
Mary Lou and Elliot have five beautiful children.
All those Walkers have the best sense of humors
I have ever known in my life.
Mary Lou - you will be missed so much -
but there sure are a lot of people rejoicing right now
as you are welcomed back into their presence.

1 comment: